
Day 18 since the transplant, 29 days in the hospital.
I spoke with Doctor Forman this morning. He is pleased with Rosina's progress, but is still cautious about her condition. He said that her marrow is doing really well and the numbers are way up, but this whole process must still be watched carefully. He wants her to stay in the ICU for now to make sure that her lungs are truly good, and stay on top of other things that need watching. So, tread softly.
Last night I sat on the edge of the bed at home, drank some water, pulled up the covers and adjusted the pillows. Right now, Rosina can't do any of these things. The six days that she spent "under" has made her very weak; she can't lift her arms. That's going to take some work to get that going, and she's having daily visits with a physical therapist. It's been difficult for her to talk, but that's getting stronger. Her new favorite activity is chewing ice, although she can't swallow the water. The doctor says that best case scenario, if all is going well, she'll be out in about three more weeks. We've always been told that there will be a big boring stretch of this hospital stay, let's hope it's starts soon!
Soon she'll be able to read the plethora of comments and notes and mail - thanks for all that.
xo
ph
8 comments:
boring will be good.... i would love to do boring with you.
xoxoxoxox
marla
uhuuuuuu!!! get better better better my sis!!!
love you!
Never has "boring" sounded so magnificent!
But magnificent it will be!
Soooooon.
Keep up the good work, Rosina, and here's hoping you're very bored very soon.
xoxox
Liz
I'll do boring with you Rosina, but I will - secretly - continue to find you fascinating. Much love,.xox,roderick
I'll do boring with you Rosina, but I will - secretly - continue to find you fascinating. Much love,.xox,roderick
Hope your voice is strong enough to say, "This is SO boring!" soon. (I can hear you saying it!)
xo, Julie, Rich, Sam and Harry
Peter and Rosina!!! I'm so excited about your counts going up!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I haven't been able to read the blog as i was in new york without a computer. i'm scheduling a time to come in with my 0+ blood. it's supercharged and Rosina, the good news is, as you know, you and i both share the good hair gene too! much love and keep on keepin' on!!!!!, egv
Estou aqui, minha querida, comemorando as conquistas e caminhando com vc em direção ao que precisa ainda ser conquistado. Vc pode,vc quer! E nós tb!
Hey, Peter I'm at Curitiba's airport, performed yesterday. Always with you, guys, I can't wait to see you in December!
Bjs, amor,coragem,
Zel
Post a Comment