Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Minus Two


This was ten days ago. I cut my hair three days ago after an entire year. Phew!

Just a quick update. Rosina has finished her chemo and her radiation in preparation for her BMT. She's been feeling a little better but has this lingering nausea and really hasn't eaten much at all for the past week. They have her getting all kinds of liquids and stuff so that's not a big problem. So in any case, she hasn't had any complaints about the food. There have been visitors, and thanks to all of you who've trekked out there. A got a call today from the blood donor place that she tested positive for antibodies which means that she can't get platelets from just anybody, it has to be a type match. Because she has no local blood relatives, they will call in regular donors who have that type as well as buying it from the Red Cross. If you are interested in donating platelets, it's unlikely you would match her, and they don't even check your type until the 3rd time you've donated, but they can always use both blood and platelets. there's a link up on the right.

Here's a picture of the sign that greets you when you get off on Rosina's floor. I'll be out there all day thursday and friday as well. Thanks for the mail, email, notes and comments, all are appreciated.
xo
Ph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosina and Peter,
Our thoughts and best wishes, hopes and prayers are with you guys today.
Much love and hugs,
Julie, Steve, Evan and Maddie

Anonymous said...

Dearest Rosina and Peter,
I cannot believe that I am reading all this on the blog on Day 0. Wow. We are sending you all the most positive light and love and goodness from Santa Fe that there can possibly be. I shall put it out there all day, and I can't wait to see Rosina's smiling face the next time that we come to LA to visit!
a zillion kisses and hugs,
beanie and michael