Sunday, November 11, 2007

Today is Taking Forever

That's what Rosina said to me this morning around 11am. So far, everything is "normal", which means pretty unpleasant. There have been no signs of infection or toxicity which can occur with a transplant, but there is nausea and pain. The nausea has subsided a bit. Chemo and radiation affects fast growing cells which are cancerous cells, but also cells in your scalp, and your mouth and throat. Her mouth and throat are very painful as they take a hit from the treatment and then you don't have the white blood cells to repair them. It's a typical complication and lasts for about ten days. She has a morphine drip and is laying low. So many drugs! Sheesh. There are probably about ten or more active things going in her body during a typical day. She just needs to exhale and float down the river. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
xo
ph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter, You two have really been through hell and I feel so for you and I hope Rosina uses that morphine drip constantly. I hurt for her....and you, too!! What courage and fortitude both of you have. I think wshe needs lots of baby pillows and you by her side as much as possible! Jack and I love both of you.
Cince and Jack

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!
This "phase" (Gawd, what an understatement) will be a distant memory soon.... In the meantime, yes, by all means, keep that morphine dripping. Moving forward, moving forward.... every day is one day closer to being well!

As always, many warm hugs and beijos...

Liz

Anonymous said...

One more near-anonymous well-wisher, wishing you well -- the sooner, the better.

Namaste.

Liz's mum