Sunday, November 18, 2007

Long Daze (day 9)


I was thinking that the last two entry titles were puns, but they're not, they're double entendres. All meanings are true for "The Weight" and "Long Daze". Those "days" have been tough, without much change. Rosina is still barely able to sip some water, has pains sort of like gas pains jab at her sides when she changes positions, and is still quite groggy from the meds. Unfortunately, she's not groggy enough to sleep very much. I spent the night in her room of Friday and she really only slept for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. It's a long night for all. Sandra was there last night (again) and it was the same. Rosina now has a standing order from the doctor that if none of us are staying there, she'll have a sitter who watches her all night and helps with whatever. I believe all this should start to taper off this week. So far there are no negative reactions to the transplant, but it will still be another week or five days before the white blood cells start appearing. That will be good. I will be out there tomorrow for the night. Keep you posted.
xo
ph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,
Hope you are feeling better. This is the first time
I had a chance to see the road trip (long story). I
had no idea what was involved. It's remarkable and unbelieveable what Rosina has to go thrugh,
but I know she's going to be more than fine. She's
going to blossom bigger than ever!

Love you and the kids,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Rose querida,

Tenho tentado acompanhar seu tratamento pelo blog, embora meu inglês não seja mais lá grande coisa.Muita força e muita coragem para esta batalha final.
Esperando te ver logo e muito bem, te mando meu carinho, minhas orações e a foto dos meus filhotes. Os seus eu já conheci pelo blog e são lindos demais.
beijos, beijo, beijo
Zezé

Anonymous said...

Rose minha flor, estou só esperando mais alguns dias pra te telefonar. Quero falar pessoalmente com você. No coração, no pensamento e nas preces, você já está todo o tempo.
Amor e força.
Beijos
Annitas