Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday


Rosina had some symptoms that led them to do another bronchoscopy today, but her lungs were clear. There was actually a little something in there that they sent off (not blood), but she's already getting antibiotics and it doesn't seem to be an infection. They're lowering the steroids again. So it was good, although now they have to figure where those symptoms come from(!). She was also more alert, as much as she's been in a long time, and when I said "I love you, can you hear me?" she nodded yes. Which is a lot right now. So there are lots of things in question, ups and downs continue. Here's to more ups.

xo
ph

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to more ups indeed!


SCB

Anonymous said...

Here's to more ups indeed!


SCB

Anonymous said...

I am so happy she could respond to you in that way, Peter. Mylene and I visited last night and it was hard to leave. All the way home we told stories about Rosina.
Much love,
Catharine

Anonymous said...

I understand how difficult it is when someone is out of reach and on the ventilator; my father was that way for quite a while, and I sat and talked and sang to him anyway with the hopes that something inside of him was hearing something. So I appreciate the greatness of Rosina's nod, and how good it is that she could hear you and know that you are there.
My wish is for many more ups as well!
love, bean

Anonymous said...

May this day be one of good breathing and songs heard and good nods and clear symptoms.
We are in Paris for the Holidays and I will eat a perfect croissant preparing to eat one with you all here,
We love you,
Soph and Mark

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter, Betsy and Phil have been keeping us up to date on Rosina's progress and we have been looking at the beautiful photographs and listening to your strong voice and tales of love here. You are amazing. We continue to send our thoughts, prayers and songs to you and your family.

Love from your cousins, Reid, Lisa, Ben and Cora Livingston

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the more and more ups!! Great to know she heard you, Peter. Rosina, we all love you! Julie&Steve

Anonymous said...

Amen to the ups!! Macky & I have a daily discussion about sweet Rosina and all of you... We send all good vibes and wishes for you.
Love, love, love,
Julie, Macky & Tyler

Unknown said...

It's great to read she has made some progress! I'm taking a deep breath right now... this feels good! I hope we all can take diep breaths, every day from now on!! Love for you all!!!
Leonardo Horta

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter, Rosina, Jake, Nina and Will:

We are sending you our most heartfelt wishes for peace, health and happiness. All we want for Christmas is Rosina's slow but sure recovery and return to home and family.

Lots of love,

Ramona, Bruce, Melissa & Anne

Janice Radder said...

We are so glad to see the progress Rosina is making, but wish somehow it could be easier for her and for you all. But how lucky she is to have such a creative and loving husband, and wonderful kids. We are thinking of you all this holiday season and send lots of love and good thoughts.
xo,
The Radders
Janice, Tim and Philip

Anonymous said...

please god we pray for more ups! egv et al