Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


Not much change here. Rosina is listening and responding to questions, nodding and shaking her head. We've talked a lot and I've told her many times how many people are thinking about her. Jake and Nina have both been back to see her. I read some notes to her that she's received and sang Silent Night to her in Portuguese (Noite Feliz). She got another plasma exchange which takes a couple of hours, and also dialysis, which takes even longer I believe. She is a little worried, but she is calm.

We have family here now for Christmas, and more arriving this week - it will be loud. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, you're probably out of your normal routine this week, seeing people you've known a long time. Enjoy it!

xo
ph

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Peter. Lots of Christmas wishes and love to you and Rosina and Will and Nina and Jake and all of your family. Mylène, Rafe, Nico, Cole and Pablo

Anonymous said...

I think we all have the same Christmas wish. Sending lots of love to the entire Hastings clan and wishing we weren't so far away -- Betsey B

Anonymous said...

Feliz Natal!!!

roge

Anonymous said...

Sending all our love too Though our bodies are far away, our minds and hearts are always with the entire Hastings family, now and always.

Scott , Susan, Max, Megan, Sarah, Chris and Teddy.

Anonymous said...

Pedro, I was with my loved ones last night and all I could think of is you and Ro and the children! May you all see happier days real soon! That is my only wish this season. Beijos.

Anonymous said...

My Christmas wish for you -- Rosina, Peter, Nina, Jake an Will -- is that you soon be all together at home to enjoy a happy, HAPPY 2008!!!

Warmest regards,

Bel

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Hastings family!!!!

Love, the Vipperman - Cohen project

Diane said...

Was swimming at sunset this evening, the sky was orange, the sea was aqua and the palm fronds a tropical green...a palette of Rosina's colors. Hoping the new year is painted with rainbows.

Diane, Nick, Alanna and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Boas festas de natal, to you, Peter, and your family. Thinking of all of you this Christmas. Lots of love-
Rose, Audrius, Mila, Rasa and Rimas

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,
Lynne Stewart just sent your beautiful blog--the pics of Rosina are just glorious! I am sending Rosina positive, caring energy tonight and will light a healing candle for her--it has helped many others--really!
Sincerely,
Bridget Sienna (the Groundlings)

Anonymous said...

We are at the beach in Belize and I found a computer so that I could check on your blog to see how Rosina is doing. Please tell Rosina that we are thinking of her all the while and sending lots of love and good wishes your way.
xox, Valerie

Unknown said...

PH,

Just getting news of your ordeal. So sorry for all of you. Our prayers are with you, Rosina and the kids. Hope to check the blog very soon and see a new picture of all of you at home!

-P Stack

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,

I just found out what you all have been going through. I have not stopped thinking about Rosina, you, Nina, Will and Jake since. My computer has been down, so I could not post a note until now (although I have now posted 4 versions and they all seem to be going into cyberland, so forgive me if you receive 4 strangely-similar comments from me). I went to visit Rosina on Christmas Eve. Even under the circumstances, she looks so beautiful. I told her how delicious every meal I had at your house was, how it seemed like there was birthday cake in the kitchen every time I came over, how you are the most beautiful family I know, and how much I love her taste in shoes. That we used to say she and I looked like Brazilian/ American sisters, lucky me. The Hastings love-trust is beyond compare. Bee-Stings Forever. I wish Rosina, you, Nina, Jake and Will strength, power, love, health, healing and a speedy recovery. Sarah