Friday, July 20, 2007

From Mother's Day 2007

Rosina has been getting unhooked from her IV now and then and going on some outings. Yesterday she crossed the room and sat by the window! She read a trashy magazine! She stayed up until 11 last night and watched a movie! It's nice because she said these were simple things that she just didn't feel like doing before.

I've been meaning to post this picture from Mother's Day 2007. There's a big blow up of it directly across from Rosina's bed. It's been important to her, so I wanted to share it.
xo ph

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, fala a verdade, esses meninos seus são lindos demais!!!!
Quero roubar a Nina um pouquinho pra nós, pode??? Quem sabe intercâmbio no Brasil um dia, heim?
Querida, adoro entrar aqui e saber boas notícias suas. Essa semana vou procurar o Hemominas pra fazer a inscrição pra doação. Quem sabe essa mistura louca de português, espanhol, italiano e um pouquinho lá longe de alemão que eu carrego combina com você,né?
Beijos, meu carinho
Annitas

Anonymous said...

It's all true, I was there, I saw it ...when I arrived Rosina was in her closet (yes, she has a closet!) and was choosing clothes to send home and straightening out the others...she was elegantly dressed in long tissue thin flowered pants, (Rosina where did you get those?) and a long slender top. She was a picture of beauty and renewed energy. For anyone who has not been there or is far away I hope this makes you smile with happiness. It was a beautiful sight to see. Sonia and Betty were there for a while too and that's a sit-com not to be missed. They rearranged the tiny refrigerator at least twice, straightened magazines, organized water bottles and generally set things straight! You can just read their minds, horrified at the way these hospital people keep house! What a team and what a show of love. It was a great afternoon Jake was there trying to help me fix my iPhone and Amy came bringing a photo book of her trek to Tibet – it felt as if we were in Rosina’s room at home. Happy, Saturday, Rosina, I hope it’s even better than yesterday.

:) Ann

Anonymous said...

Rosina!!!!! oh my god, I think I am the last to know, I just found out yesterday when Abbie Feldman pulled up this site at school. Let me tell you, my kinder campers did not understand why their teacher was crying so I had to turn it off and read it at home. Wow, this is some big news, I can't believe how much you have been through so far. I wish that, I wish that, I wish that . . . oh I wish so much that it is too hard to say. It sounds, though, that you have been having a love party from day one, you are so easy to love and you have so many people who love you. I want to help, is there a way, Peter? I feel shy about visiting because, you know, I work in a germ factory. I never know when I am carrying the latest virus. Penny and I will think of something, but please do not hesitate to ask if you can think of any little thing. Even though I am late to this love party, know that I am thinking of you and your beautiful family. I think I shall send white light today. I do that for my kids when they are taking some horrific test. So I shall send the white light and you shall get the A++++! Lots and lots of love,
Keven

Anonymous said...

Rosina,
Although I had seen this photo of your beautiful kids, this photo made me SMILE!
I'm glad to hear you're being really decadent (LOL), what with the trashy novels and movies. Keep up the good work! What's next, Chippendale's dancers?
Our Rosina plant is flourishing - wish I could post a photo here (is that possible)? Maybe Jake can give me a tutorial. Those of us who are over, uh, 29, need some technical help.

XX Liz

POUSADA ÁGUA FRESCA said...

Oi Guigui e Peter!
Eu já estou entrando em contato com o Registro de Doadores de Medula óssea, que na verdade se chama "REDOME" e não "REDROME"!
Realmente parece simples, inicialmente é feita uma entrevista, onde nos passam todas as informções e o paciente assina um termo de responsabilidade, coletam 10 ml de sg, que será analisado! Tudo isso é feito no mesmo dia. O hemocentro no estado do Rio que faz esse registro é no REDOME que fica no INCA no centro do Rio.
Vamos torcer!!!
Tudo vai dar certo!!!
Muitos beijos e saudades!!!
TAti

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosina and Peter:

I spoke to Anne at Mountain Meadow this morning--she said she and Nina had SO MUCH FUN on the river rafting trip! Anne asked after you, Rosina, and I was happy to tell her that, from my monitoring of the blog, things are sounding very, very good. Keep up the good work! Love, Ramona

Anonymous said...

I read these blogs and I am so moved I can hardly respond. And this picture of the kids, oh My god. So happy you are going home soon. Love Gerry

Anonymous said...

Caraca, q meninada LINDA!!!

bjs,

christiaan

Anonymous said...

Guigui, que filhos lindos...Meus parabens! Bjos, Anna lucia