Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The 4th

The first round of Chemotherapy ended its dosage yesterday with the 7th bag of Cytarabine. The effects are coming in. Rosina's white blood count was down to 0.8 yesterday and 0.6 today (again, 4-10 is normal) and now her hemoglobin count has dropped to the point of requiring a transfusion. She got her first unit of blood today. It's sitting up there on the IV rack. I don't know if it was mine. I hope so. She had an odd reaction to a medication the other day and her forehead became swollen. I was at work and our friend Prudence IM'd me and said Rosina's brain is swelling! What? Seriously? Okay, no, her forehead. Rosina said she looked like Herman Munster minus the bolts in the neck. I don't think she could ever look quite like that; although, Herman is smiling. It was pretty unnoticeable by the time I got there.

I had the pleasure to wake up this morning and video iChat with Rosina - it's great. Below is a "screen shot" of my computer. You can walk all around the house with it to show important things like drooling dogs, blooming plants, and that piece of carpet that just won't stay flat.
While we were on, the doctor even came in and I saw her doctor visit while Will and I were sitting the kitchen at home. Part of it anyway. We logged out.


While we're on the topic of tech, Rosina has her hands on her iPhone. Yes, it's amazing. Cedars Sinai - world class doctors, world class class care, walking distance to an Apple Store.

Rosina will probably have to cut back on visitors for bit, so the best thing is to call her cell and at least leave a message if you want to come by. Thanks, everyone, for your emails, calls, notes, food, and kind thoughts. xo PH
PS - I have some Bone Marrow Transplant donor info coming up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, beautiful Rosina and Peter (also beautiful!)-- We just got back from my birthday trip to China and read your blog. It's hard to imagine what you're going through. And it's amazing to me that you guys came out to West Hills to my party knowing what you already knew. I wish I'd hugged you more! I'm cyber-hugging you right now, really hard!!! We (Steve, the kids and I) are thinking of you with all our love and we know your incredible strength will get your through this. You're our hero, Rosina. It's great to see your smiling face on the blog. You're so full of life, so warm and loving, so beautiful and deep. We send you all our love and positive thoughts for a speedy and fully successful treatment. Hugs, hugs and more hugs--Julie, Steve, Evan and Maddie

Unknown said...

Hey Rosina, Peter, Jake, Nina, & Will,
It's starting to rain a little, but the rainbow is around the corner.
We hope it's a real tight corner.
But even if it's a wide turn, that rainbow is there, waiting for you.
And we're all with you on the trip.

XX Liz and the guys