Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blood and Platelets

Quick note - If you want to be a blood donor, Rosina will need both BLOOD (A+) and PLATELETS. It a seperate thing, but a similar process. The doctor recommends that if you are donating, ask which she has less of there in the bank and give that. She needs both. Drawing platelets takes longer and needs to be scheduled - it's about a two and half hour visit.

Again, your name has to be in the blood bank to make a direct donation, so we'd need to know ahead of time. You can call the Blood Donor Facility at (310) 423-5346 to schedule an appointment. Thanks, ph

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter,
This is Inga, Tom Sheppard's wife, my blood type is A+ and I would be happy to donate blood...we don't have your phone number or e-mail address.  Would you please call me at 626-441-4694.
~~Inga

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter -
Please put me on your donor list. I made an appointment for this afternoon. Wow, what a screening! I was almost eliminated from the list because Ann & I went to Korea last Chrismas ... luckily, we stayed within the confines of Seoul, so we didn't encounter any of those nasty malaria carrying mosquitos!
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxox to you and Rosina,
Bob

Unknown said...

Hey Pedro,
I have an appt. to come in today at 11am to give whatever they'll take!
I don't have your cell # or your ph#, but I'll try to call Rosina's room to see if it's OK to come say hi. If not, my blood will say hi.

BTW, my ph# is 310.202.0282. No need to call unless you have info to pass along.

XX Hugs,

Liz

Anonymous said...

Z--

Calling in Monday to go give A+ love juice for ya ... I want to visit before you are feeling too crappy for visits. Will call ahead to OK it. Sending love and light as always....

Stephanie B.

Anonymous said...

Z--

Calling in Monday to go give A+ love juice for ya ... I want to visit before you are feeling too crappy for visits. Will call ahead to OK it. Sending love and light as always....

Stephanie B.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rosina! Those carrots don't look as bad as what is next to it -- some poor excuse for chinese stir fry!!! I would like to send some of our love to you by way of home-cooked food. Maybe I should email Peter to find out what you are in the mood for...pasta, soup, better chinese???

Unfortunately, I called my doctor and found out my blood type is B+. :-( love, Stella