That's what the doctor said to me today after visiting with Rosina. Things are very difficult and she keeps hanging in there. He expected her to be sleeping but she responded to his questions with a nod or a shake of her head. Unfortunately, a good look in the eye does not indicate what's going on inside. In the past week she has acquired some infections which are, of course, not good for her. Her general outward condition stays about the same. Still in the ICU etc. sometimes awake, sometimes not.Last night I came out with Jake and Nina and Sonia and I think some others felt the need. I counted today; there were 23 of us out here at the same time. Very Rosina: an improbable and impractical event that everyone was glad they participated in. She has a knack for that. The whole group was friends, all people who know each other almost exclusively because of us, and when I say "us", I mean Rosina. I'm more like the roadie.
Thanks everyone for your calls and emails and notes and visits. I'm trying to find a way to save all my voicemails!
xo
ph
7 comments:
Dear Peter, Rosina is a mega fighter and you are a brave -- you are amazing people to follow and to cherish, your friends are proud of you!
Bel
AAHHH..........
A beautiful vision of Rosina dancing and singing with all of you together**
She's a fighter, you're a fighter! You're a lover not a fighter! ;-) Pedro, you guys are great! Zelia is on the way, she's taking all my love for you with her. Abs!
Much love to you and Rosina from me and Alfre who is on the campaign trail in South Carolina, trying to get a win for Obama, or as we call him Obamalamadingdong. It's too hard to put on bumper stickers but that's his real last name. You can tell Rosina, but don't spread it around or the Clinton's might get hold of it. xxox,roderick, mavis, duncan & alfre
That is so Rosina, I too was on my way over the other night and got as far as Pasadena when Maggie persuaded me that my cough might not be the best thing for Z. I was feeling compelled, or impelled to be there like I was supposed to bring the ice or the dessert or something and was messing up her party.
Fight on Z. I know you can make it!
all the love we have to you.
daniel
Yes, we come because we love Rosina, and want to be near. But we love you too, Peter. You are not as pretty as Rosina but you are just as nice. It was so good to see you and give you a hug last week.
You and Rosina and the kids are always in my thoughts and prayers..
Love, Valerie
there are no words to describe the sun properly , there are no words to describe rosinas smile or the joy and love she brings to those she touchs.. she has touched so many people and all of them feel special to her because she makes them feel that way.. partner you have more love then a hundred people if love heels your on your way.....
Post a Comment