Tuesday, January 8, 2008

10 Weeks - updated


Not too much to report as most of the changes with Rosina are very small and swing from day to day, or even during a day, and I don't feel like posting all that. She is continuing with all the treatments that she's been getting. She'll probably stay on the ventilator for a while as she needs to build back her strength. One of the unfortunate aspects of this is that she can't talk, and I'm quite sure she wants to. I know I'd like to hear her. So we stay positive and look for her smiling.

UPDATED - Rosina had two procedures today, a bronchoscopy and fluid removal from her stomach. The bronch showed no signs of bleeding which they expected, but there might be some aspergillus which she's already receiving antibiotics for (do you really want to know all this?) and they'll do tests.

They pulled a bunch of fluid from her stomach which was good and probably relieved some pressure on her lungs. It could have also been hindering her ability to absorb the food she's been getting.

The other good news is that her White Blood Cell count, which had dropped and then risen just a bit up to a 1.2 range, was up to 3 this morning and 5 this afternoon. That rapid rise is kind of how it went up the first time after the transplant. That's good, as of course she wants her white count up.

Many people have been here in the last few weeks visiting and helping and it has been inspiring for all. Thank you all so much for your tremendous help.

xo
ph

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, thinking of you, Rosina, with love and all positive thoughts. Many thanks, Peter, for the updates and beautiful pictures of Rosina.

Big hugs,
the Bernsteins

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! GO ROSINA!!!!!!!!!!! GO WHITE COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! xoegv

Anonymous said...

Da-lhe garota!!!
Menina forte!...

We love you,
R&A

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Pedro! You and your efforts are greatly appreciated!
Admiringly, Felix

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter.....Jack and I do wish you a happ[y birthday but I think that is not foremost in your mind. Your Rosina is and there seems to be slow and slight improvements. You are a loving and patient husband and you are in out thoughts all the time. We love you, dear Peter.
Cince & Jack

Anonymous said...

pique-pique, pique-pique...
pique pique pique pique pique pique!

"guenta" firme pedro.

love,
roge

Anonymous said...

por fin buenas noticias. This is the best present for your brday, Peter
go on Rosina. we all are waiting outside.

feliz cumpleaños Peter.

Juan

Anonymous said...

P.S. (now that we've seen the update)
This is great news!!! Hooray Rosina, you go girl!!!!!!! And yes, Peter, we really DO want to know all that!!!!!
We look forward to more and more good news!!!!
With love, the Bernsteins

Anonymous said...

Força e Luz!
Beijos Marisa e Mario

Anonymous said...

Rosina, Peter, Jake, Nina, and Will:
Hang tough!
We're hangin' right there with you.
We're not letting up for a moment, and don't you forget it.

xo Liz, Dick, Kevin and Eric

Anonymous said...

Guenta firme Pedro! Da-lhe Rosina! Vamos nessa!

Anonymous said...

I was in to see Rosina today. It was good to sit with her even though she was sleeping and didn't know I was there. I was the only visitor just then, so the room was quiet. I talked a bit to her nurse Kate, who obviously loves Rosina and all of the Hastings family and friends. I could see how much she wants Rosina to get better...I just loved her for that. We all want to be our best selves for Rosina! She inspires that in people. Love from Nancy