Monday, August 3, 2009

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, has creado un monumento muy acertado para Rosina lo que nos permite visitarla cada vez cuando nos recordamos de ella. Gracias, Juan y Wilfried

JP Mac said...

Hey Pete,

Great film.

Hope you and the kids are well.

takineko said...

[I know you don't know me so I hope you don't mind me posting here]

The video was incredibly beautiful, and very romantic. I'm so sorry for your loss; you really communicated what a great loss it really was, and how much you gained from knowing her.

I'm sure she'd be happy to know that I was very educated about Brazil through her film, I never knew how insanely gorgeous it was there.

Doug TenNapel said...

It breaks my heart to see images put to the news I heard about Rosina. It's great that you have crazy directing skills to express your grief. The images of powerful rivers, seas and the joyous attributes of Brazilian culture sculpt her well in my mind.

My prayers are with you and the kids. While I can't imagine your heartbreak, Rosina's passing has served as a reminder to enjoy my loved ones and roll with some of the madness life dishes out.

God bless you and yours, and God bless Rosina.

Keeper said...

Beautiful. It seems to me that she had a fuller life than most could ever hope for.

"I don't know; that's why it's love." How true that is.

Danièle H. said...

Magnífico !
Tenro, bonito; fiquei tão emocionada.
...e que excelente montagem.
Obrigada por dividir conosco estes momentos
Amo Vocês
Amamos Vocês
Danièle & the Girls

Anna said...

Peter, what a perfect tribute! Water so important to her, It is just so good that some of her ashes are now in Hawaii. I have Rosina's blog on my Favorites and every now and then I check it to feel close to her. I recently gave to Amy most of my bikinis and some of the Rosa Cha I had bought with Rosina resurfaced. The memories keep going...

Anna

Anonymous said...

You are working through it and made a very nice film. Now all the other people in your grief group are gonna feel like shit.

CSLM said...

thanks for posting this. I always had fun when I was with Rosina, too. our love to you all, caroline

Unknown said...

What a beautiful love and life you two shared, it inspires me to commit myself to "being" more. I miss her so.....

Anonymous said...

dimais...dimais...dimais...

roge

Liz K. said...

I have no idea what moved me to go to the blog tonight. I guess it was to see a beautiful film about a beautiful person and to cry a few tears. Maybe it was time for a reminder to BE in the moment. So in this moment, I'm smiling and thinking of Rosina with love.

xo Liz

P.S. It was also cool to see our old band on film!

Anonymous said...

Two years. Parece que foi ontem. I miss my friend! :(

Unknown said...

Dear Peter,
It's Monica, Rosina's brazilian friend that lives in Miami. I'm Nilson Chave's ex-wife.
Rosina and I re-met in Ft.Lauderdale in one of Zelia's shows here.
I've followed here all the steps her and your family went through. I've left her a few messages that I hope she got just to let her know that we were with her in thoughts and prayers.
Today, Jan.19th, 2010, I'm here to let you know that she'll always be in our hearts too.
Ela era uma amiga muito, muito querida prá mim!

Peter, my cell number is (305) 803-1060. Please call me if you or any of the kids come to Florida. It would be a pleasure to finally meet you!
Força!!!
Um grande abraço,

Mônica

Anonymous said...

just stopped by to visit today
lighting a candle
thinking of you
xox
marla

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I just stop by this site to hear her sing. I don't know why, but it's so comforting.
Catharine

Anonymous said...

Dear Hastings Family,
This made me teary, and I never usually get teary. I haven't seen something so heartfelt. This made me look at my life in a different way. I thought of life as such an easy road, but now that I've seen what one of my best friend and his family have gone through, I live every moment as if it's the last with my family. Stay strong.
-One of Wil's friends

Anonymous said...

This is a truly amazing video. I cried at 13:40.
Happy Birthday.
-B

Anonymous said...

However, this only works when the basic life-supporting systems.
If you stick to your liver cleansing diet. There are different ways to
how to remove toxins from your body from depend on your
perspective. Untinted windowsare one of the best recommended
natural techniques to improve the health and wellness.
How To Remove Toxins From Your Body foot baths assist with the natural processes of the body.


Feel free to surf to my site - juice diet

Marcio said...

I had the opportunity to share friendship with Rosina in our time at the School of Fine Arts in Rio de Janeiro.
I met Rosina through my great and true friend Wagner Barbi, whom she was dating in those days. We live good and intense moments with lots of music and plans for the future, which led us to different paths.
I left Rio de Janeiro to work in São Paulo and soon afterwards learned that my friend Wagner suffered a serious accident in 1982 riding a bicycle, that never left him normal, he lost his memory and his sense of reality - he lived like this for 30 years.
Wagner left nearly 10 years ago for a place of light.
With Rosina after the accident I lost the contact and came to discover by chance this blog that tells the beautiful trajectory of his life until his last days.
I was able to meet the beautiful family she formed and to be moved by the tributes and words dedicated to this one that was once my friend.
May you move forward and let your hearts comfort you in good memories with Rosina.
Marcio Goldzweig