Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kimo's Rules

first, a couple more pictures I meant to include:




Below is a little thing you see around Kauai; on ceramic tiles and tee-shirts, or framed in someone's kitchen, which is where Rosina and I first saw it.

Never judge a day by the weather
The best things in life aren't things
Tell the truth - there's less to remember
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses
He who dies with the most toys - still dies
Age is relative - when you're over the hill you pick up speed
There are 2 ways to be rich - make more or desire less
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing
No rain - no rainbows

xo
ph

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Falou e disse, bicho!

roge

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Peter. Simply beautiful.

It's been a while since I've been to your blog. It really feels like an actual place to visit and meditate on life. Thank you.

Love to you and your family,
Julie Bernstein

gratitude said...

Peter,

Was just listening to my favorite song by Bebel Gilberto and it inspired me to visit your blog--something I've not done in quite a while... Thank you so much for your writings and sharing. I feel Rosina's peaceful spirit.

The "Kauai" poem is simply-marvelous. And it says it all...

I will keep it.

Keep living in the light.

Peace & Blessings,

Julie

Anonymous said...

Peter,
hay tanta verdad en estas lineas. Gracias por compartirlas con nosotros.
Hace unos dias paseamos por el pequeño camino en Arteas con su riachuelo y sus cascadas donde tomamos el baño de arcilla, ¿te acuerdas?
Siempre nos recordamos de vosotros y Rosina siempre estará alli para nosotros.
Un fuerte abrazo
Juan y Wilfried

Tati said...

Oi Peter!!
Quanta lembrança legal...
Quanta alegria...
Quanta saudade...
O blog está lindo!Fiquei muito emocionada...
Muitas saudades de vocês!!
Muitos beijos da sobrinha, prima e madrinha
Tati