It is a Brazilian custom to wear white at New Years and to make an offer of flowers to Iemanjá, the Goddess of the sea. Usually you do this on New Year's Eve, but we went out to the beach on January 1st. John Allen and I actually went in for a swim, the ocean being a brisk 53 degrees - that is cold. Rosina and I had a running joke/argument (oddly close together) about the possibility of life and love being like a field of daisies. Despite being an optimist, I tended more to the "no" side, but I still tried to give her daises whenever I could. I brought a bunch and these were the flowers we threw into the ocean as we made our wishes.
We said our prayers for Rosina, and goodbye to 2008, the craziest year of my life.
Happy New Year
xo
ph


2 comments:
Happy New Year, for you and your family! E Feliz aniversario!
O Ano de 2009, tem que ser melhor!
Um beijo Rosina...
Sandra
Oy! I threw the pansies, no daisies!, into my pool for my sweet Rosina. Happy (ier) New Year to you, Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater. XOXO
Post a Comment