Tuesday, December 16, 2008

cheek to cheek

"Cheek to Cheek" was the song Rosina and I danced to at our wedding.
We met in 1985. We were good friends until 1987, when we became...better friends.  And part of that experience was watching "Top Hat" together, which is why we picked the song. I was looking for the lyrics (which, of course, start with the line, "Heaven, I'm in heaven...") when I came across this clip of the song - with Portugeuse subtitles!

Today would have been our 20th wedding anniversary.
xo
ph




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feliz Aniversario de Casamento Peter! A Rosina estara sempre presente nas nossas vidas.
Que musica linda! Posso ver ela dancando...
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Tantas vezes Rosina me contou como foi o começo desse amor sem fim...Rosina fez muitos momentos serem um pedaço desse paraíso na terra. a kiss for the 16th, dear friend, thanks for making my sister so happy.
Yours,
ZD

Anonymous said...

How has this year been without Rosina? Well, it’s been worse. A year without Rosina is not as good as one with her.
I miss my friend.
I can’t believe how many times I think about her and how many things remind of her, how often I tell people about her.
Just today, after ballet class I was talking to this guy from Sao Paulo, and I started talking about how I’d only been to Rio, and of course, I had to tell him about Rosina. So you see she’s still bringing people together because then he told me about a friend of his who had died.
And Rosina was the one who prodded me into going back to ballet classes. This was a few years ago. I had been achy, feeling arthritic, and she said, “Well, what do you think your body’s telling you?”
I will never think about Brazil without thinking about Rosina.
I will never see a rich aqua without thinking about her beautiful eyes. And then that amazing mane.
In my office, I have a little chair that she made from the top of a champagne bottle. It was the first gift given to us in our new home.
Oceans, music… Alison Roth always talks about how Rosina “owned” things that no one else could own: like a certain color.
Most of all I miss talking to her. Somehow it was never scary to reveal things to Rosina that you might not want to admit or divulge to others. The last time I saw her at home she was sick, but she was comforting me. And I think that’s how I remember her best, in the living room of her home, with the light streaming in the tall windows, and embracing me.
Love, xxx, ooo,
C

Anonymous said...

Peter, I hadn't realized that you were still updating the blog. But of course you are. It is now a part of you, a part of Rosina, a part of all of us. You have helped us all to understand, let go of our sadness, fill our hearts with the infectious love Rosina so easily spread (that doesn't sound quite right, but I know you know what I intend...). You express through these pages your good fortune at loving and having been loved by Rosina. We are all fortunate and will go through life better people for having been in her light. But she was fortunate, too, for having a husband, a best friend, a mate as loving, compassionate and expressive as you.

xoxo